If you’re looking for an inexpensive vacuum, it can seem rather overwhelming to sift through seemingly endless options. You need to find something that’s not just cheap but also a strong, reliable performer.
Luckily, we’ve got your back.
In today’s best inexpensive vacuum cleaner under $200 reviews, we’re going to skip the buying guide and get straight down to business. We have selected 5 of the smartest choices you could make for a spotless home on a budget.
We aimed to go for a range of styles so there’s something for everyone.
Without further ado, here go the reviews…
Best Vacuum Cleaner Under $200 Reviews
1 VonHaus 600W 2 in 1 Corded Lightweight Upright Stick & Handheld Vacuum Cleaner
First up is a superb multi-purpose stick and handheld combo from VonHaus. This brand has a hard-won reputation for offering highly functional vacs at an extremely keen price point.
If you want the versatility of a nimble lightweight stick, in its regular configuration the VonHaus is a pleasure to use. From hardwood floors to carpets, rugs to upholstery, this vacuum performs strongly across the board.
For any sudden spills or mess left behind by your pets, convert it into a handheld and zap that dirt up in no time. The handheld is also ideal for cleaning your stairs or your vehicles.
A combination of HEPA and sponge filters mean that anyone in your household with asthma or allergies is in safe hands. All airborne pathogens and contaminants are kept safely trapped inside not expelled back into the atmosphere.
The 600-watt unit gives out 130 air watts of suction which should suck up even stubborn dirt and manner of debris without you breaking your stride.
With a 1.3-liter capacity, you won’t need keep emptying the dirt container. When you do, the operation is seamless and you won’t end up with clouds of dust blowing back and spoiling your efforts. Simply detach the bin, upend it into the trash can and you’re back in business.
Attachments are minimal as you would expect from a budget vac. That said, you’ll have all main bases covered with a crevice tool and brush attachment for the handheld.
The cord could certainly do with being a little longer. At just under 20 feet, you might find it slightly restrictive.
For a flexible and effective cleaning solution at a price you’ll love, this VonHaus 2-in-1 is well worth popping on your shortlist.
- Get all the performance of a maneuverable and featherlight stick along with the convenience of a handheld
- HEPA filtration superb for anyone with allergies or sensitivities
- Great for homes with mixed flooring
- Generous 1.3 liter dust container is a breeze to remove, empty and clean without creating more mess
- Shoulder strap for easy handling
- Some complaints about build quality
- 20-foot cord is cut too short for comfort
2 Hoover Linx BH50010 Cordless Stick Vacuum
Up next is the Hoover Linx which is a little pricier but still well under budget. In return for paying a little extra, you’ll get the brand heritage of a real giant in the vacuum industry.
Cordless vacuums are increasingly popular as the technology behind lithium-ion batteries continues to improve. With the older nickel cadmium style, power would drop off as the battery diminished. The Linx keeps delivering the same rate of suction from start to finish letting you clean without your standards falling. There’s a nifty battery gauge so you know exactly when the Hoover needs a boost of charge.
Also, the Linx is the only stick to harness cyclonic filtration. This is paired with Hoover’s proprietary WindTunnel Technology to ensure that your home stays pristine with minimum effort.
Thinking of effort, the cleaning path means you need to spend less time going back and forth so you’ll leave your house impeccable without laboring for hours.
The electronic brush roll is extremely capable. Whether you need to clean ingrained dirt from your carpets or make your hardwood floors shine like new, the Hoover makes life easy. Edge cleaning bristles help you to impart the finishing touches.
The dirt container empties with a quick release underneath so ditching the dirt is quick and won’t leave you covered with dust. This is an issue that often plagues bagless vacuums and Hoover sidestep the problem neatly.
For a first-class stick vacuum that performs like an upright without the prohibitive weight, why not road test the Hoover Linx today? You will not be disappointed. A limited 2-year warranty lets you buy without a headache, too.
- Cordless convenience so clean even large spaces without needing to constantly unplug your vacuum
- Lithium-ion battery gives you seamless, consistent power throughout the entire charging cycle
- Very user-friendly hand controls neatly positioned by your fingertips
- Extra-wide cleaning path so you’ll get more done in less time
- WindTunnel Technology and powered brush roll for maximum efficiency
- Not the cheapest cordless on the market but still excellent value for money
- Some concerns about durability so treat with care
3 Bissell CleanView Bagless Upright Vacuum 1330
Coming in at under half our quoted budget, the Bissell CleanView is a top-notch bagless upright coming in a range of bundles.
Bissell’s innovative OnePass Technology is designed to help you get things spick and span without needing to keep running back and forth over the same spot. Consistent suction and the special brush design take all the sting out of cleaning.
Although you won’t enjoy quite the same flexibility that a cordless offers, at least the cable is a generous 25 feet so you won’t be constantly unplugging your vacuum and hunting for a new power outlet. So many manufacturers cut corners here and it’s inexcusable.
Multi-level filtration is a real boon for anyone combating allergies or sensitivities. The foam filter is washable meaning you won’t have to spend the time and money tracking down replacements.
You’ll get a turbo brush tool, dusting brush and crevice tool which is a nice bonus for a cheap vacuum cleaner.
The dust container will hold enough that you won’t endlessly be emptying it out. When that time comes, ditching the dirt is quick and easy.
For buffing up furniture or upholstery and cleaning your stairs, the turbo brush comes into its own.
An extension wand simplifies your above-floor cleaning requirements and stops you from straining yourself if you are cleaning on high.
Covered by a 2-year warranty, the Bissell CleanView serves everything you could want and more if you are on the trail of a vacuum cleaner that won’t hit you in the pocket but won’t compromise on quality either.
- Outstanding filtration keeps the air in your house free of pathogens and airborne contaminants
- OnePass Technology offers top-tier suction without needing multiple passes
- Lengthy 25-foot power cord affords you plenty of freedom to maneuver
- Cyclonic system optimizes suction and efficiency
- Dust container super-simple to empty and maintenance is minimal
- Some users report struggles with finer dust and debris
- Questions raised about durability
It might surprise you to discover that you can find a Shark vacuum for sale at less than $200 but the Navigator Lift-Away Professional proves you can get a genuine bargain from time to time if you look hard enough.
HEPA-filtration is essential for anyone with allergies or asthma and the Navigator makes sure that all irritants are captured inside not catapulted back through the exhaust and into your room.
The detachable canister comes in very useful if you need to clean your stairs or access any awkward spots. This weighs in at just 8 pounds while the whole unit tips the scales at just under 14 pounds. Cleaning just got even easier with the Shark.
Shark attachments are always impressive. With the Navigator Professional, you’ll get a crevice tool and dusting brush thrown in along with a pet power brush for stubborn hair and dander. There’s even a hard floor attachment with a couple of cleaning pads to render your whole house as clean as a showroom.
The 30-foot power cord is a class-leader. While you’ll still be tethered to a power outlet with this corded vacuum, you’ll be free to clean even larger spaces without unplugging.
The only real negative with the Navigator is its propensity to come crashing to the floor if you’re not careful. It’s surprising that Shark has not remedied this since it’s a fairly common complaint. It’s certainly not a deal-breaker but be aware of this issue and take care when you’re cleaning.
All of this is covered by the standard 1-year Shark warranty so you can relax knowing everything is in hand in the unlikely event of any malfunction.
- Very reasonable price for a Shark vacuum
- Awesome 2-in-1 functionality as the Navigator transforms from an upright to a canister at the flick of a switch
- HEPA filter prevents any fine dust and allergens from being belched back into the air
- Lightweight at under 14 pounds considering the raw performance
- Generous set of attachments for the whole spectrum of cleaning needs
- One of the more expensive options on our list
- Tends to topple over frequently so use with caution
5 BLACK + DECKER CHV1410L 16V Cordless Lithium Hand Vac
To round out our top 5 cheap vacuums that punch above their weight, a poky little handheld from BLACK + DECKER.
More of a generalist than the other manufacturers who focus more on vacuum cleaners only, BLACK + DECKER produce singularly excellent appliances and this cordless hand vac does not break the mold.
We’ve included a handheld since many people want the convenience of a secondary vacuum without needing to spend a fortune. With the CHV1410L, you can get this and not end up with a sub-par piece of junk which is always a risk at this price point.
With cyclonic action, the filter is protected from finer debris while the suction is maximized. This, though, is not super-strong so don’t expect the power of a larger vacuum.
Whether you have pets or children who make unexpected messes or want something you can use to clean your staircase or car, the BLACK + DECKER is a capable addition to your cleaning arsenal.
The bowl and filters can be easily removed and washed so you’ll have minimum maintenance to conduct and no ongoing expenses.
With an array of cleaning attachments, you can take care of a surprising number of applications with this nifty little handheld.
The battery gives you adequate run time to cope with most reasonable cleaning needs. It will hold its charge for an incredible 18 months if left off the charging unit.
You’ll get a great 2-year warranty so you don’t need to worry if anything happens to go wrong.
Check out the BLACK + DECKER today if you want a no-nonsense handheld for any impromptu messes or spillages. It will not disappoint.
- Lithium-ion battery gives incredible battery life with no fade during the cycle
- Very energy efficient due to Smart Charge Technology
- Nozzle rotates nicely allowing for a wide range of cleaning applications
- Translucent dirt container lets you keep an eye on things with ease
- 2-year limited warranty for total peace of mind
- Suction is not as strong as you might expect
- Unsuitable for whole-house cleaning purposes
We very much hope these reviews have eased your path toward getting the most effective vacuum on budget.
Drop us a line any time with your questions or feedback. We aim to give you what you want on this site and we’re always responsive to any suggestions.
Now go and grab yourself a bargain!
Table of Contents
- Best Vacuum Cleaner Under $200 Reviews