Too Lazy to Read? Discover our top choice now!
Not a big fan of long reviews? Here's the bottom line: The best Mop for Hardwood Floors in the market today is the Mopnado Deluxe Spin Mop. Its stainless steel mop handle and the easy to attach microfiber mop heads raise it high above the competition, while the complete set help you get the job at a very affordable price, making it an excellent option for hardwood floors!
To ensure your hardwood floors have a long life, you want to guarantee they are being properly cared for. Regular cleaning is absolutely key.
Today, we’ll offer up our best mop for hardwood floors reviews so you can get the right tools for the job.
4.9 / 5
4.6 / 5
4.4 / 5
4.2 / 5
3.9 / 5
First, though, we’ll walk you through some basics on hardwood floors in general and mops in particular. This should serve you up with the background information you need to decide upon the perfect mop for your needs.
Benefits of Hardwood Floors
Hardwood floors are traditional and a truly classic flooring solution. They have a distinct feel and sound as you walk across them and they can make you feel as though you’re catapulted back in time.
In addition, hardwood floors have many benefits you just won’t find in the less expensive mass-produced floors that are so popular today.
Hardwood floors are strong and durable, perfectly able to stand the test of time. They can handle lots of foot traffic, survive active lifestyles and last for generations to come. Because of this, wood floors will continue to look beautiful long after other floors have become worn and tired looking.
If you have people in your home that have allergies or breathing problems, hardwood floors might be the best option to ensure the air quality inside is healthy. Because hardwood floors have no grout lines and don’t trap the dust, dander and particulates that exacerbate allergies, they are the best flooring choice for people who suffer from any kind of sensitivities.
Hardwood floors do not accumulate a ton of dust, dirt or debris.
To clean your hardwood floors, all you need to do is give them a weekly vacuuming, a quick mopping and then let them dry. Occasionally you might want to give them a deeper clean but, generally speaking, hardwood floors are exceptionally easy to clean and maintain.
Cleaning Tools For Hardwood Floors
To care for your hardwood floors, you need certain tools to clean them effectively.
We’ll walk you through the different types of mops you can use to keep your hardwood floors looking shiny and buffed up for years to come but before that, a glance at some simple cleaning tips to simplify the process…
First, you need to thoroughly pre-clean your flooring. Instead of a broom that just pushes the dirt and dust all over the floor, opt to use a dust mop to get up all the little bits you can’t see. If you prefer, you can use a vacuum with a soft bristle brush attachment to vacuum the floor. Either method will be effective at getting the debris off the floor so that you can safely mop without risk of damaging your hardwood flooring.
Next, it’s essential to use a specially made mop. Don’t opt for a mop that is overly abrasive otherwise you might damage the finish or scratch into the hardwood floors and irreparably damage them.
You should also avoid using mops that use a lot of cleaner or water to tidy up your hardwood floors. If allowed to sit too long, these liquids can ruin your floor with water damage.
In addition to these steps, please note that you need to pay attention to the type of cleaner you are using. Specially formulated hardwood floor cleaners have been made with drying agents to help your already-mopped areas dry much quicker than traditional mops or cleaners. You will also want to be certain there are no abrasive or caustic chemicals in the cleaner. Neglect this and you risk causing serious damage to your flooring.
Types Of Mops Suitable For Hardwood Floors
There are a few different types of mops that work beautifully on hardwood floors. These mops work to efficiently clean your floors without damaging them at all…
- Spin Mop: A spin mop uses centrifugal force to rid itself of excess water. Too much water on your hardwood floors can seriously damage them so you want to avoid that at all costs. Usually, the mop head will be made of soft, highly-absorbent microfiber. Most spin mops will use a special bucket in order to properly use the mop
- Steam Mop: To clean your hardwood floors, a steam mop uses the power of heat and water. The mop is electric so you will need an outlet to use it but most steam mops have pretty lengthy cords. Not only will the steam mop clean your floor, it will also sanitize it with the high heat from the steam. Steam mops don’t use too much water to do their job so again you won’t need to worry about water damage as long as you use the mop correctly
- Spray Mop: Spray mops are all-in-one mops that save you time and money since the cleaner is connected to the mop. Some use disposable mop pads and some have reusable ones. Some of them give you the ability to use whatever cleaner you would like but many of these are made so you can only use the cleaning solution they manufacture. Factor this into your buying decision
- Dust Mop: A dust mop is exactly what the name implies, a mop with a dry head that can be used to clean up dirt, dust, hair and other fine particles left behind on your hardwood floors. Most of these mops can also be used with wet mop pads giving you a cleaning tool that saves space and money into the bargain
While all of these mops are suitable for use when cleaning your hardwood floors, you will probably have a preference and might even choose to use more than one. As we outlined above, just make sure that the cleaning pad is soft and that you are not using abrasive cleaners.
Your hardwood floors may need to be refinished from time to time over the years. Using a cleaner that promises to shine your hardwood floors can cause you to need to undertake this process more frequently. More often than not, these cleaners leave residue and gunk on your floor instead of cleaning and shining them so we don’t recommend pressing them into action on your hardwood floors.
Best Mops For Hardwood Floors Reviews
Now you’ve got plenty of handy tips on how to best care for your hardwood floors and a sound overview of the different types of suitable mops, we are going to present 5 of the best options at your disposal to clean your hard flooring without causing any damage.
1 Mopnado Deluxe Spin Mop
This Mopnado Spin Mop comes as part of a complete set that will get you happily mopping your floors in no time. It’ll help you get the job done well in next to no time at a very affordable price point.
In your kit from Mopnado you will receive the following:
- Mop Handle: This mop handle from Mopnado is made from stainless steel and will save you from hurting your back because it is fully extendable. The mop handle adjusts from 47 inches to 56 inches. You won’t have to buy any extension poles or tweak it to work for you which is a nice touch
- Mop Heads: The kit contains two 14-inch mop heads. These mop heads easily attach to the stainless steel mop plate at the end of the Mopnado mop handle. The mop heads are made of soft microfiber so you can clean your hardwood floors without scratching them
- Scrub Brush: You will also receive a 14-inch scrubbing brush for your Mopnado Scrub Mop. You can use this brush to gently scrub your floors when they need a rather deeper clean
- Mop Bucket: The Mopnado Deluxe Spin Mop system comes with a mop bucket included. This dual-sided bucket has a built-in dispenser for your cleaning solution along with a handle and wheels for easy maneuverability. The bucket also features a spin agitator on one side to loosen dirt from your mop while the other side has a stainless-steel drying basket.
When you use this Mopnado Deluxe Spin Mop Kit, you will fall in love with cleaning your floors and that’s not easy to do!
2 Keeble Outlets
Professional Dust Mop
Don’t let the simplicity of this mop fool you since it can handle quite a lot of cleaning without causing you to break your back.
With a heavy-duty aluminum mop pole that extends out to 60 inches long, you will be able to comfortable and easily clean all of your hardwood floors, even the typical out of reach places like under furniture and in dark corners.
The microfiber mop pad that comes with this dust mop can be used either wet or dry. When used as a dry mopping pad, you can easily pick up all the dust, dirt, hair, dander and other small particles that have been left on your hardwood floors.
Then rinse the pad off and leave it damp so that you can use it as a wet mop pad to clean your hardwood floors.
Since you can easily remove the mop pad, wash it and reuse it hundreds of times, this mop is an excellent choice for the eco-conscious and it’s also less expensive than many competing mops for a double win.
This mop is an outstanding choice for your hardwood floors and, since it can pull double duty, you will save time and space in your home. Pop this nifty little mop on your shortlist. It will not disappoint.
3 Homily Floor Spray Mop
Homily brings you a fantastic spray mop that will save you time, space and money.
This mop has an attached bottle that you can fill with whatever cleaner you want to use for your hardwood floors. You are not constrained to buying proprietary products. Instead, simply refill the bottle and keep on mopping. There’s no need to go back and forth to the sink to empty, rinse and refill the mop bucket since it’s right there with you.
The handle is made from strong aluminum and the handgrip has been manufactured to be ergonomically correct. With just a gentle squeeze of the trigger, a fine mist of cleaner will spray on to your floor waiting to be wiped up.
The cloth-mopping pad is made of microfiber so it is highly absorbent and can clean even the stickiest messes left on your hardwood floors.
The package comes with 2 separate mopping cloths so that you always have one ready to go. When they are dirty, just remove them and toss them in the washer. You can reuse them countless times and they will work well for a considerable length of time.
This Homily Spray Mop is strong and durable and will safely clean your floors offering you all you want in a mop for hard flooring.
Thanks for reading this guide and we hope you found plenty of useful information here.
Always feel free to drop us a line with any feedback or questions you might have. We love to hear from our readers and we’re always delighted to help in any way we can.
Hopefully, you learned a little more about how to properly care for your hardwood floors and now you have a better idea of which mop you want to purchase to keep them sparkling clean.
Your hardwood floors will last for generations if cared for correctly so happy mopping!
Last update on 2018-08-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Table of Contents