Table of Contents
Cleaning your house, as everyone knows, can be a tiresome and time-consuming chore.
Luckily, we’re here to simplify the process for you.
Rather than offering only our own thoughts, over the past weeks we’ve been hard at work behind the scenes to bring you a bumper selection of cleaning tips.
We approached a wide range of first-class cleaning services. They each shared their 3 most effective cleaning tips and we’re passing on that information to you today.
Read on and get your house sparkling clean the easy way!
1 Ken - Crisis Cleaners
- Clean the sink drain.
Over the course a a year hairs from everybody get trapped in the sink drain. Spring cleaning is a great time to get it all removed. Usually this can be done by removing the drain stopper and cleaning it off. It might be needed to soak it in baking soda and vinegar to clean some residue that builds up. Overall though this will help prevent clogged and slow drains.
- Clean out kitchen cabinets.
Over the course of a year a lot can happen. Spring cleaning a good time to inventory what is in all of your kitchen cabinets. You will like find apparatuses that you rarely or never use. Waffle irons, pizza stones, etc all take up a lot of space. in a kitchen with limited space make sure the items in it are utilized often. If you use it once a year try to find another place in the house to store them. Another thing we highly recommend is matching up all the storage containers you have. Inevitably you will lose a lid or base of a few but won't realize it. This is a good time to throw out those that you don't have both parts to.
- Straighten out electrical wires.
With all of the electronics in our lives these days wires and chargers are everywhere. By taking a few hours to tidy up the cables around TVs, PCs, etc can make it a lot better looking and easier to clean and dust going forward.
2 Anita Hodzic - BA House Cleaning
- Use apron to store small cleaning tools and be more efficient
- When cleaning bathroom, apply bleach only in areas with mildew such as corners and let dwell.
- Clean toilets almost last. why? After cleaning the toilet its very easy to simply clean behind the toilets and floors all at once.
3 Chandra - Sterling Maids NYC
- To get rid of soap scum on shower doors - warm water, dish soap and a magic eraser. The dish soap loosens the soap scum and the magic eraser is non-abrasive so there’s no scratching.
- To quickly get rid of dust on furniture. Use a used dryer sheet. Simply wipe and dust particles stick right to it.
- Hardwood floors: in between cleanings use windex on hardwood floors. This cleans and leaves a nice shine.
- Stainless steel: to bring back the shine of stainless steel appliances use Orange Glo (furniture polish). Just one spray on a clean paper towel with bring back the shine on an entire fridge.
- Mirrors: Lightly soap a wet paper towel then wash the mirror. Follow through with a dry paper towel to remove water stains.
4 Monique Cohen - Pristine Maids
At Pristine Maids, our three most important tips for deep cleanings are below. Deep cleans are more in-depth cleanings and tackle areas that aren't always covered in the normal cleaning package.
- Stoves and Refrigerators are rarely cleaned on a normal basis. I don't know about other services but here at Pristine Maids, we actually move the stove and fridge out and clean around and under them if possible. So much dirt, hair and food can end up under and around your appliances and can cause smells and bacteria. Once the outside is complete, it's time to start on the top and inside. Most cleaning services aren't aware that if you spray the oven with oven cleaner and leave it for at least 10 minutes, it is so much easier to clean. Also, and PLEASE be careful when doing this, you can use a razor blade scraper to clean the hard, crusty areas and also on flat top stoves. Always use at an angle, never dry and make sure you have experience using a blade on appliances
- Our cleaners are trained to vacuum under all furniture, beds, etc during normal cleanings but we all know that unless you're physically moving the furniture, there are still dust bunnies, hair, lost toys and socks. First, please do not move heavy furniture by yourself. Once you do have the furniture in the room moved away from the walls and out of the normal space, clean the sides, back and under the furniture. Once you have done that, you can remove all cushions, pillows, etc and vacuum them and the chairs, sofas, etc as well. Make sure you vacuum the area and if need be, mop it before you move it back.
- When performing a deep clean, we make sure that every nook and cranny is taken care of. Here are a few things we do that not everyone will want to do but I feel you have to get every spot of dirt out of a home before you can call it deep-cleaned. Pristine Maids is the leading cleaning service on the Emerald Coast and these are some of the reasons why. Make sure that you go outside, carefully remove the screens and clean all of the windows outside and inside. If you have never done this before, please read up on it or find someone to do it for you. Make sure that all porches, patios and balconies are cleaned, all glass doors/doors are spotless and even clean the walls around these sitting areas. Some homeowners even like for you to change their shower liner and we are happy to do that. Last but not least, make sure that every picture is dusted, every figurine and knick-knack is wiped and put in it's place. Every piece of furniture looks new, every bed is made, window sills and windows are spotless and every room smells clean and spotless.
5 Victor Vargas - Maid Cleaning Nashville
While spring cleaning began as a seasonal event to air out a house stifled with wood smoke, coal fumes and stale air from winter, it has evolved into a decluttering and organizing event for many homeowners and renters. MaidCleaningNashville.com deep cleans like spring cleaning on every visit. "We like to remind our clients to flip their mattresses and replace smoke alarm batteries and air filters every spring," says owner Victor Vargas. Here are three valuable tips from Vargas for extra spring cleaning:
- Open the windows and apply lemon oil to all natural wood surfaces, cabinets and furnishings
- Zero in on lamps, shades, light bulbs and all illumination fixtures for a sparkling interior visual of the home after professional cleaning
- Dust and reverse ceiling fans.
6 Kaitlyn Martinec - Happy Maids Inc
- Dust cobwebs, fans, light fixtures, and baseboards throughout an entire level (or your entire home) before you start dusting furniture and items. This will give any dust that gets stirred up time to settle down, ensuring you actually get all of it.
- After cleaning shower doors, wipe them with rain-x (yes, the stuff you use on your windshield). This will keep water from sitting on the glass and leaving water stains. You can also keep a squeegee in your shower to keep your doors sparkling.
- For easy microwave cleaning, fill a microwave safe bowl half way with water. Microwave until the water is boiling. Let the microwave sit and fill with steam. The steam will soften up any baked on messes. After a few minutes, carefully remove the bowl of water and wipe your microwave clean. For more cleaning power, add a splash of vinegar and a few lemon slices.
We very much hope you’ve found plenty of actionable cleaning tips and short cuts in today’s handy guide.
Let us know how you get on and please feel free to share this article on your preferred social media channels.